List of Bad Things
The Reasons Why explain every
kind of "bad thing" that can happen. The folloiwng
is a list of tragic experiences people face which
are specifically addresssed in the book Five Reasons
Why Bad Things Happen.
- You are diagnosed with a chronic, painful illness.
- Your business fails and you lose everything.
- Your home is destroyed by fire.
- Your mother is diagnosed with terminal cancer.
- Your best friend gets divorced and has to move in with
- Your infant is diagnosed with an incurable disease
and will need a transplant or he will die.
- Your wife leaves you for another man.
- Your husband loses his job and stays home every day
- Your spouse leaves and takes everything and you are
forced to file bankruptcy.
- You get into a car accident and kill someone.
- You are sent to prison for a crime you did not commit.
- Your car is stolen.
- Your home is broken into and you are raped.
- Your are exiled from your country
- You are exposed as a fraud on national TV
- Your child is abducted
- Your sister is injured in a car accident and is paralyzed
on one side of her body.
- Your son goes to war and is a prisoner of war.
- Your wife gets breast cancer.
- You lose all confidence in yourself and become a hermit.
- You are fired from your job.
- Your boyfriend sexually abused your children.
- You are in the witness protection program and are forced
to leave everyone and everything you know.
- Your boyfriend/girlfriend leaves you after 10 years
- You have to have a hysterectomy and won’t
be able to have children.
- You have an illness that puts you on long-term disability.
- You have prostate cancer and will no longer be able
to perform sexually.
- Your husband leaves you alone when you are 8 ½ months
- Your home and neighborhood is destroyed in a hurricane.
- You flunk out of college.
- You get arrested and are sentenced to 10-20 years in
- You have to pay child support for a child you didn’t
- You are 15 and pregnant.
- You lost all your money and savings.
- Your child runs away from home and lives on the street
doing drugs and working as a prostitute.
- You think of suicide all the time.
- You know other people’s problems may be worse
than yours, but you are still devastated.
- You are forced to live on the street.
- Your son is arrested for rape.
- You were born without the ability to see.
- Your daughter is convicted of murdering her children.
- You are paralyzed from an accident.
- You lose your entire family in a tornado.
- You have a different, serious crisis every year.
- You have to have your arms amputated.
- You witness a gruesome murder.
- You are drafted to fight in a war you don’t
- Someone is trying to kill you.
- You hate the way you look.
- You fail at everything you do.
- Your family thinks your beliefs are crazy.
- Your boat capsizes and you are lost at sea.
- All your friends abandon you.
- Your mother won’t talk with you.
- You lose everything and have to move in with someone
who is abusive.
- Your father beat you as a child.
- Your dog is killed.
- Your country is the victim of a terrorist attack.
- You are stranded on a deserted island.
- You were falsely accused of abuse and lost custody
of your children.
- Your business manager steals all your money.
- Your spouse/partner cheats on you.
- You are diagnosed with an illness that makes you lose
your ability to think clearly.
- You have a lifelong struggle with your weight/body
- Your daughter is murdered by her husband, but he’s
free and has custody of their children.
- You contract an incurable sexually transmitted disease.
- Someone close to you is dying.
- You are at death’s door.
a Reasons Why Member, you will be able
to download a matrix which lists all of these Bad
Things and how each of the Five Reasons Why could
explain the cause of the event.